Music recording is no more a complicated and difficult task as it used to be earlier. It has become a bit easier by the advent of technology particularly the computer applications and various software. You can even do your music recording yourself in your home recording centre if you are a multi-instrumental musician. Take the assistance of Songmill studios services for best recording services of your music recording.
Editing in Music recording:
Editing in music recording starts after you have completed your recording processes which include track creation, rhythm recording, chord structure, recording of melodies, etc. The entire recording processes take a long time with exhausting works. You may do them very carefully, still, there will be mistakes which need to be rectified and managed. These error management or rectification tasks are basically called editing which is mostly done through different computer software tools.
Usually, editing is done by five basic tasks. They are arrangement, comping, noise reduction, time editing, and pitch editing.
- The arrangement is an evaluation of everything that has been done yet and to see what is useful and what needs to be reworked or removed. You may delete the entire track or remove a portion of a track or exchange the sections of tracks.
- Comping means to compare the takes of the tracks and select the best and use them by combining if it looks better.
- Noise reduction is to cut all unnecessary instrumental before, after and in between the song.
- Time editing is done through two methods either by cut and paste or time stretching method.
- Pitch editing is done by using “auto-tune” or other software.
The mixing process in music recording:
Mixing in music recording is to bled the tracks to one cohesive unit. Mixing is more of an art can be done through several ways using one’s own creativity. Some of the examples of mixing are, balancing faders means balancing the sounds of the instruments to avoid overlapping of sounds on one another. Similarly, panning means each instrument getting its own space in stereo-image. It is exactly like each instrumentalist has his or her own space. Equalization means if two instruments playing the same tone, the sounds of the two are balanced. There are other components in mixing like compression, reverb, automation etc. which are taken care of in mixing. Mixing makes the sounds perfect and great.